5 Benefits Using Vertical Lift Modules for Order Selection
One of the most common Goods-To-Person technologies, Vertical Lift Modules (VLM’s) have been around for decades. During the early years they were used primarily for slower moving products with limited weight capacity and size configurations, but they were good for utilizing the vertical height that was lost with using conventional storage methods such as shelving and racking.
Free Guide: Top Order Fulfillment KPI Indicators
Technological advances in recent years have allowed the Vertical Lift Module (VLM) to become an effective order selection device. Applications exist for VLMs across all vertical markets and industries. Today VLMs come in multiple configurations which offer a variety of storage tray width, depth, and weight capacities. A simple site survey can help you get the system which is the “Right-Fit” for your requirements.
Some benefits of the VLM are:
- Recapture wasted floor space by utilizing all of unused vertical height available
- Faster pick rates when compared to picking from shelving
- Secure storage with user level access to protect valuable products
- Enhanced safety features like light curtains and shutter doors make the system extremely safe
- Ergonomic pick height for all products
- Spare parts storage (for machines or conveyor systems)
- Kitting or parts assemblies in manufacturing
- Order fulfillment applications
- Die storage
- Many. Many. More applications.