24v – Motorized Driven Roller (MDR)
24V – Motorized Driven Roller is a conveyor where the conveying surface is powered by independently driven powered rollers rather than motors and gearboxes as is the case with traditional conveyor systems.
Need an Expert Opinion?
The powered roller is driven by a 24V motor which is enclosed in a roller tube. There is typically one motor in each “zone” which slave drive additional carrying rollers. There are a multitude of flexible options and configurations with this type of micro conveyor to help in many different places in the material handling system.
The advantages of 24V – Motorized Driven Roller are:
- Power savings (runs on demand)
- Quiet (no chains and sprockets)
- Creative applications in tight footprints
- High availability and device monitoring through network of components
- Product separation and gapping
- Zone routing transfers within pick modules
- Can be belted for inclines, declines, and bag/envelope handling