Controls Support Engineer – Tech Support (Location Flexible)
Reporting to: Sr. Manager, Controls Engineering
Why Open: Growth
Travel: 20% or so – will mostly work from home, but will be included on project start-ups and customer trainings
Experience: Seeking an experienced Technical Support Engineer candidate with a background in Material Handling/System Integration.
- Seeking ideally 3+ years of experience in Controls Technical Support, or 10+ years of experience as a Controls Engineer in Material Handling / System Integration.
- Candidate must have experience in Material Handling System Integration.
- Candidate will be responsible for on-call Technical Support for customers. Will be front line of defense for any in-coming tickets from customers. Will connect to customer VPN and troubleshoot the equipment/PLC/HMI/Vision System that needs attention.
- Candidate must have experience with Allen Bradley Hardware/Software, including RS Logix and Ignition
- Currently, all Conveyco Controls Engineers participate in the rotation on call support for 2 weeks. This position will take all calls during the work day and will participate in the off-hours support rotation, along with 3-5 others.
- Strong potential to develop the team and create a permanent Controls Support department. This position will develop process, structure and training for future Controls Support Engineers and could be promoted to build/lead that team.
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills (English). They will be troubleshooting over the phone and teams meetings. So they must be able to understand and communicate clearly and concisely with the customer.
Individual must perform under general supervision.
As Conveyco continues to grow, we hire people who value collaboration, initiative, client respect, and a strong work ethic. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a great work environment. To apply for a position at Conveyco, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to reference the position to which you are applying.
We are always looking for good people. If you don’t see an open position that fits your skills but are interested in working for a company that values its employees, feel free to send us a resume. To apply for a position at Conveyco, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you are applying for an internship, please send us an email with your resume and cover letter indicating what type of intern position and period of time you are interested in.