Vice President or Director of Engineering
Conveyco is looking for an experienced VP of engineering to manage a diverse team. The responsibilities of a VP of engineering include leading a team of engineers, collaborating with project managers, application engineers and sales staff in improving company policies and standards.
To be successful as a VP of engineering, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. Ultimately, a top-notch VP of engineering should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in warehouse and distribution systems design.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Oversees the preparation and final approval of project plans.
- Conducts, manages, or acquires cost analysis for projects; prepares or delegates preparation of schedule of project completion dates.
- Ensures that projects are completed within budget, on time and in an economical manner.
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the company’s engineering and initiatives.
- Collaborates with the company’s executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations.
- Establishes and administers the department’s budget.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in engineering and development related to the organizations industry.
- Negotiates cost-effective contracts for the organization; coordinates and implements contractors work, and resolves any disputes over labor, scheduling, or payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Auto CAD and Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required; MBA preferred.
- At least ten years of related experience required.
As Conveyco continues to grow, we hire people who value collaboration, initiative, client respect, and a strong work ethic. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a great work environment. To apply for a position at Conveyco, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to reference the position to which you are applying.
We are always looking for good people. If you don’t see an open position that fits your skills but are interested in working for a company that values its employees, feel free to send us a resume. To apply for a position at Conveyco, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you are applying for an internship, please send us an email with your resume and cover letter indicating what type of intern position and period of time you are interested in.