New AMR Proof of Concept (POC) Program Announced by Conveyco Technologies
Conveyco Technologies’ Proof of Concept (POC) Program for Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs) allows organizations the ability to conceptualize, emulate and validate AMR systems performance prior to financially committing to an entire system.
AMRs provide such a high level of flexibility, virtually all AMR applications participate in the Program. Just a few AMR POC applications include: order picking, replenishment, returns handling, consolidation, storage and retrieval, kitting and palletizing.
“Organizations are seeing the results AMRs can deliver. However, they are overwhelmed by the shear amount of options that are available and where this technology can be applied within their operations. The Conveyco AMR POC Program is designed to address this fear by providing a scalable approach to select the best technology and tune the concept before committing to the full system investment,” says Ray Cocozza, president of Conveyco Technologies.
The Conveyco POC Program looks at the design and scales it to a module that, when implemented and live, provides validation for the full system’s processes, equipment and design. This POC module can be constructed at your facility, Conveyco’s facility or third-party site based on timing and budget.
A POC will detail the systems components, design, processes, output data, schedule, validation process and cost schedule. The beauty of AMR systems is that the vast majority of the resources required in creating the POC system are utilized in the fully implemented system. In fact, systems that have gone through the POC Program often provide faster implementation times.
Conveyco utilizes it’s seven step RightFIT methodology to guide prospective AMR system users to create a successful path.
- Data analysis to determine viability and the correct technologies required.
- Understand the application(s) and design the optimum system.
- Assess the design and look for means to mitigate risk, improve performance and reduce costs by changing processes or equipment.
- Define the system’s business case and the financial requirements. Create a system emulation based on the team’s knowledge and decisions. The results determine:
- Move to implement the full system
- The system doesn’t meet critical criteria
- Create a Conveyco Proof of Concept Program (POC)
- Whether the decision to implement the full or POC system, the next step is to create a clear and holistic path to success by aligning the scope and resources required for a successful execution.
- Execute a phased roadmap that empowers all stake holders to assure the projects’ success.
- Creating a lifecycle nexus that assures the system performs to peak capabilities from day one to decommissioning far in the future.
About Conveyco Technologies
Conveyco Technologies has been providing world class performance enhancements for order fulfilment, distribution centers and warehouse operations for over 40 years. Solutions and systems include sortation, palletizing, AS/RS, automated case handling, autonomous mobile robots (AMRs), robotic picking, dispensing, AGVs, WES, WMS and WCS software plus consulting and integration services.