Batch Picking – ECommerce Industry
ECommerce “Putting Your Best Solution Forward” – Batch Picking
ECommerce fulfillment brings on its own unique challenges, the key one being customer expectations. Today’s eCom consumers want to feel the same confidence and satisfaction when buying on-line as if they were in the store.
Designing a system that will support a large inventory pool of many different SKUs and getting orders out the door on time is key to supporting and enhancing that consumer experience. A few obstacles to over come are dealing with seasonal and promotional peaks, supporting a large percentage of single line orders, demands for same day/next day delivery and dealing with a fairly high volume of returns.
Free Guide: Top Order Fulfillment KPI Indicators
Batch Picking systems are designed to optimize the processes of receiving goods, locating and put away to inventory, replenishment of picking for both case and piece picking, consolidation as inventory tails off on expiring items, order pack out, and finally truck loading. Batch Picking addresses these processes along with the ability to handle a variety of package and outbound shipper types: cartons, totes, poly bags and envelopes.
- Batch Order Planning for Batch-Pick-to-Put Fulfillment
- Batch Picking is based on a zone or family group
- Batch Picking Execution utilizing Pick-by-Light or Voice technologies
- Conveyor or Cart based transportation to Pack Out Put Wall
- Put Wall Front side light-directed Put-to-Order
- Put Wall Rear side light-directed Pack Out Station
Benefits of the Batch-Pick-to-Put System
- Maximized Efficiency with up to 130 lines/hour/picker and up to 500 lines/hour/put operator
- Intuitive Directed Piece Placement (Put) for accuracy of inventory and orders
- Minimizes packing and Improves Pack Out by picking to right size shipping container.