What do I need to know about Conventional Palletizing vs Robotic Palletizing?
When talking about Palletizing the topic is typically surrounded by Conventional Palletizing vs Robotic Palletizing. I don’t think that the issue is one vs. the other. The hidden question is: What are the correct questions to answer before moving forward with a plan for automating your end of line operations? There are a few Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that you’ll consider to justify the “RightFIT” palletizing automation.
Free Guide: Top Order Fulfillment KPI Indicators
Key Performance Indicators:
- Will I be more productive if I automate?
- Can I increase my overall throughput?
- Can I reduce lost time incidents?
- Can I eliminate a very difficult and labor-intensive process?
- Can I save space with a much smaller area for the Palletizing process?
- Can I improve traffic (forklift and pedestrian) with an automated system?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, it’s probably enough to get started on finding the RightFIT palletizing solution for your needs. The next set of questions will revolve around your product. What size, dimensions, and weight are the products being handled? The combinations between different products will help to decipher what specific type of Palletizing System you are looking for.
- Semi-Automatic Palletizing: A person still putting product to a palletizing platform so the pallet load can be built in a more ergonomic fashion
- Automatic Conventional Palletizing: A higher volume of products where the rate will exceed what a person can effectively handle
- Robotic Palletizing: A higher array of products to be handled where you can build multiple pallets utilizing a single robot and in a smaller footprint
Now that we have looked at what questions we need to answer and palletizing methods to pinpoint your solution, the next steps would be finding the best integrator for the job. Please read our blog on “What Value Does an Integrator Add” to get a clear understanding of where an integrator can best suit your needs.